WASHINGTON, D.C. – June 17, 2015 – (RealEstateRama) — Senator John Hoeven, who serves on the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee, today announced that the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has awarded five grants totaling $8,570,000 to the airport authorities of the City of Fargo, Devils Lake and Dickinson. The awards are as follows:
- City of Fargo Municipal Airport Authority – $6,000,000 – The funds will be used to rehabilitate the airport’s taxiway
- Devils Lake Airport Authority – $400,000 – The funds will be used to construct a runway safety area
- Devils Lake Airport Authority – $70,000 – The funds will be used to assess wildlife hazards
- Dickinson Municipal Airport Authority – $1,700,000 – The funds will be used to extend the runway safety area
- Dickinson Municipal Airport Authority – $400,000– The funds will be used to conduct an environmental study
“Our airports are crucial infrastructure and play a big role in our state’s economic growth,” Hoeven said. “These grants will help the airports in Fargo, Devils Lake and Dickinson continue to serve as an integral part in the economic development of their communities and also meet North Dakota’s growing demand for transportation.”
The senator has been instrumental in helping secure federal funding for improvement and maintenance projects at airports throughout North Dakota. Earlier this month, Senator Hoeven announced more than $1.4 million in DOT grants for airports in Minot and Washburn. Also earlier this month, Hoeven announced more than $1.4 million in DOT grants for the Mandan Airport Authority and the Mott Municipal Airport Authority.
As a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, Senator Hoeven works to support programs that invest in infrastructure and other services to meet the needs of North Dakota’s growing population and commerce.